Postcard from Up North

When summer opens, I see how fast it matures, and fear it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Pumpkin explosion…it’s been some time since I’ve experienced fall up north. The colors, the sky, the trees, the water–if only you could see it all too, we would look at one another and smile. But I’m behind my camera, smiling with you just the same.)

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Postcard from Up North

1. Julie Gibson (Haddad) says:

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of fall in Michigan. It truly is a wonderful time of year.
    Julie

2. Jane Mc. says:

Yet another stunning photograph! Happy Fall!!

3. Nicole Osmer says:

The colors in this photo match your masthead. Beautiful! I am loving your blog!! Would love to see a post on a Mediterranean dinner party menu sometime. (Something a mere mortal like myself could pull off.) xoxo Nicole

Thank you Nicole…great idea for the menu! Love that and will work on it. I thought of you recently when I came across the recipe for the chocolate cookies we had at my place in the spring…I will send your way shortly! xx–

4. Patti Markho says:

Just gorgeous. Happy Fall!!

5. Gregory Jarous GA says:

Maureen, This is a beautiful picture of fall in Michigan. My wife and i will be visiting Lansing in mid Oct. Hope i get to see some color.

6. Pam Ogle says:

God gave us beauty to enjoy in the Fall before we’re hit with the cold winter season. Your photo made me long for a trip up north.