Postcard from Up North

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ~Albert Einstein

(Steam miraculously rises off of Little Traverse Bay, cold January morning.)

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Postcard from Up North

1. Maria Bill says:

Maureen, Thank you for reminding us of how precious life is. Everyday is a gift.

2. Sofia Perez says:

Truer words have never been spoken. Why do we forget them so easily? I echo Maria’s sentiment: thanks for reminding us, Maureen.

We are in a constant state of forgetting/remembering/forgetting/remembering, no? Thanks Sofia, sending a hug from up here.

3. Diane Nassir (Abowd) says:

Hello Maureen from the Chihuahua Desert in NM–I am so blessed to have been raised by parents who valued the latter and I happily and gratefully live each moment in a state of awe. This is a most beautiful quote, one I have never read before, and so true. What a pleasure it is to take this journey with your gracious soul. Blessings.

4. Celine says:

What a beautiful photo!!!

5. Andrea says:

gorgeous morning!

6. Pam Ogle says:

Love the beauty of those words. I thank our Lord and Savior every morning for giving me another day to honor and glorify His name by putting a song in my heart for all the blessings we have. Your quotes and photographs are inspirational. Keep them coming!

7. Maureen Thank you for your blog. Geralyn and I made the imjaddarah today and it was great. It is more fun when she comes and cooks with me and makea a nice salad to go with it.

I just love thinking of you and Geralyn cooking together. I know she loves it just as much as you do! How great that you made the lentils, and I heard you made soup too!! Thank you for sharing it with me. xo.