Postcard from Up North

Joy is that kind of happiness that doesn’t depend on what happens. ~ Monk David Steindl-Rast

(Winter twilight, as though it’s painted on Little Traverse Bay.)

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Postcard from Up North

1. Allison F. Lange says:

What a gorgeous photo!!!! Where was it taken? I can’t tell … hahahaa!!!

2. Gary saydah says:

Thanks, Maureen.

3. Paula says:

It is in you.

So beautiful, Little Traverse Bay.

4. Erin Jenkins says:

Beautiful! The ducks must have cold tail feathers!

I was going to ask where Little Traverse Bay was but I found it by googling it. The link below may not work, just google and zoom out. I see Mackinac Island is very near. I assume Maureen that you live in that general area…..though I am sure your other posts mentioned it one time or another….I don’t remember.

My wife and I used to visit an Uncle, Aunt and family in Wauasu, Wisconsin. Once we went through Canada and down, stopping at Mackinac Island for a day. Great place that we would love to return to but it is now out of the way a bit. Uncle and Aunt now live in Arizona. So except for the fudge it may not be worth driving that far, off the path, from our yearly trip to Wisconsin from Maryland. And if I wait long enough Maureen will publish a few of the secret fudge recipes. I usually get paid for those bright ideas by the way! :)

best, Jerry Wakeen

• Jerry Wakeen says:

The above link works, zoom out.

Get up here, Jerry!!! It will be SO worth your while to go out of your way!! We will be awaiting your visit some day…and thank you for establishing the map of our locale. I will do that sometime in a post so it’s clear just where we are. As for the fudge recipe, great idea…that’s going to happen!!

6. Anne Cashill says:

Ahhh Maureen. Another gorgeous photo. A photographer, a chef, a writer and a gifted vocalist. You have sooooo many gifts! Hope to see you in Naples! XX Anne

7. Whenever I need a Michigan fix I know exactly where to come. Thanks for the lovely glimpse of tranquility Up North, Maureen.