Postcard from Lebanon

Beirut at night. A cab driver said today of Beirut: it is most beautiful at night.

Other cafes were full. This one was not.

Manoushe is my new favorite food. We’ll make some, I promise. More importantly, these are my dear, new-found cousins (more, much more, to come about that).

A hazy but beautiful view from Our Lady of Lebanon, Harissa, just north of Beirut. Such haze here all week…I’m hoping to catch the sea sparkling in the sun before I leave….

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Postcard from Lebanon

1. Paula says:

Thank you for these nice images from distant Lebanon.
    Such a lovely profile photo of you, Maureen.
    Beautiful middle east profile…

2. Marci Duryea says:

Living vicariously through you, Maureen. I’m eating up all your wonderful photos!

3. Jody Namey Atty says:

I can’t even describe to you how I’m feeling right now…enjoy…as I’m so enjoying through you!!

4. Shirley Dave says:

These are such fantastic photos. Keep sharing. They remind me of my wonderful tour of Israel, Tel Aviv, etc…..These photos make me want to go to Lebanon. Thank you.

5. Aaron deMello says:

Nothing beats fresh manaoushe!! Delicious.

6. Kat Jaibur says:

Love your postcards, Maureen. You’ve awakened a desire in me to go to Lebanon someday…and maybe even meet some dear, new-found cousins. Enjoy your trip. Keep the postcards coming!

7. Patti says:

Ditto what Paula said above, a beautiful profile picture of a beautiful Lebanese woman. I am so excited for you Maureen. These pictures are amazing!!

8. Beth says:

I cannot wait to hear more about all of this – I am thinking of you all each day! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous trip.

9. Michael says:

Wow Maureen….

Looks like you’re having a great time. Talk about “ORGANIC” foods — reminds me
    of Italy. The town square (Florence), the view from the hills (Rufina), the great food with friends and
    relatives… nothing better…. And don’t forget the coffee shops!!!

Looks like you’re having the experience of a life time.

Michael

Always thought I would one day be a golfer, have a boat and visit Lebanon.
    It appears that none of that will happen but your visit certainly helps with the later.
    Have a great time, enjoying your photos.
    Everything looks so appealing, thanks for sharing.

11. Gregory Jarous GA says:

Well cousin it does look beautiful, makes me wish i will someday be able to visit. Meanwhile the picutres are beautiful, kepp them coming.

12. Anne Saker says:

I am so glad that you and your mother are having a great time. Thinking of you.

13. Diane Nassir (My maternal grandmother was an Abowd) says:

Mareen, such beautiful photos and thoughts–thank you for taking me there with you! Safe journeys and looking forward to all you will share with us.

14. paul zeidan says:

well , it looks like you’re getting into it. Being at Saydat Harisa is awesome

15. Janet Moore says:

Ditto everything everyone else said….I am jealous….This trip is on my bucket list…
    Enjoy every minute and keep all your fans in the loop.