Postcard from Chicago

I raised to my lips a spoonful of the cake . . . a shudder ran through my whole body and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary changes that were taking place. ~ Marcel Proust

(Bittersweet bakery, my Chicago favorite. The cake, and Proust’s Remembrance of Things Past, seem fitting this week as we close the chapter on Seminary Avenue. Moving on is bittersweet).

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Postcard from Chicago

1. Bill B. says:

I can almost smell the delicacies.

2. Janet Moore says:

Yummmmmmm…….no wonder it is your favorite.

3. allison F. Lange says:

But, How WONDERFUL to have you Up North & to have MET You!!!!
    I’m feel LUCKY to be your friend!!!!
    Good Luck with the rest of your move & “New Beginnings!”
    xoxo’s….

4. How beautiful. I love your postcards, though I seldom say so out loud, or rather, onscreen. I’m writing to say that I love them, and thank you for them, and also to say how moved and blessed I feel to have read your prior post on blueberry cobbler, grief, love, healing, and moving/moving on. I just read it this morning, on my tiny phone, and I am still dazzled by the message and by your writing it into the world so beautifully. All good wishes.

5. Betsy says:

Good luck with the move girls! Lots of great memories in that cozy home with you two ….

6. Alicia says:

Good to know this recommendation from you, cousin. What do you like to order here?

Their little lemon meringue tarts are heaven. Also love the homemade oreo cookies. Their macarons, pain au chocolat, and pretty much anything in the case will make you happy!!

7. Pam Ogle says:

Maureen, you brought tears to my eyes when I read about the reason behind your move. Our son, Jim, is going through the same grief. Life’s ups and downs are indeed tough. Life does get better and that is good news. God is with you all the way. Keep your faith and trust in him.

8. Michael Ganz says:

The problem with you Maureen is you are unique,, beautiful, interesting and
    Special in every way…

Finding a “MAN” to match you… that will be a feat!

Love reading your blog….

9. Paula says:

You’re beautiful in all ways and I’m sure somewhere in the world someone special is waiting for you.
    It’s only a matter of time.