Postcards from Drummond Island

The small-world meeting I had with my father’s remarkable law school classmate was also a big-world meeting–the big, beautiful world that is Drummond Island, situated along Potagannissing Bay in the Upper Peninsula. The island is cradled by Lake Huron in Michigan to the south and by Canadian waters to the north.

Michigan, you’re such a muse.

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards, Stories and Recipes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Postcards from Drummond Island

1. Sarah Abood says:

Fabulous pics! The sunset photo just became my new ‘background’ on my desktop computer. Thanks for the northern view, cousin.

2. Paula says:

Such a beautiful world I’d love to know…

You look so pretty in that black and white photo.

3. Ellen says:

I see your Dad…third from the left top row! Gorgeous pictures!!

4. kristin says:

Great photos, Maureen. Can you tell me what is in the kettle? At first glance I thought, figs – then my eyes adjusted to the size & I saw a green tomato – and I’m wondering – is there more produce I do not know?! I feel silly asking!

5. Sofia Perez says:

Gorgeous photos. And I love the one with all the signs! You look radiant, my dear. Let’s catch up by phone one of these days.

6. Jody Namey Atty says:

LOVE your photos!!

7. Stacy Spaniolo says:

What memories this resonated! Growing up, we used to take our boat out of Charlevoix on 2 week adventures through the beautiful Northern MI/Canadian waters and Drummond Island was always an overnight stop. Beautiful pics… you look fabulous!

8. Bill B. says:

Marvelous! On my short list for “must see” next summer.

9. Julia says:

Wow those pictures are just beautiful! Oh how I love Michigan.

Yes, outstanding, thanks for sharing.
    Jerry

11. Elaine Archer says:

I thought those were tomatillos. A staple in So. Cal grocery stores (and in my salsa). Your pictures are not just beautiful but you make the subject in the photo so appealing. Makes me want to live there….in the summer months. And I’m afraid I am also stealing that last awesome pic for my desktop background. It is so spectacular I would actually like to post in FB to share with all my friends. Don’t worry…none of my friends would ever believe I took that photo.