A Valentine Postcard for You

We can only be said to be most alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~ Thornton Wilder

(Swan song in the evening on Little Traverse Bay. My heart is conscious of you this Valentine’s Day, dear and gentle readers! I am so grateful for each and every one of you, and the treasures of the heart–and its kitchen–that we share.)

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A Valentine Postcard for You

1. Anna Engdahl says:

Thank you. Have a woderful day.

2. Diane Nassir (My maternal grandmother was an Abowd) says:

Happy Valentine’s Day Sweet Maureen!

3. Pamela Christopher says:

May God bless you with health and happiness today and all days to come. I enjoy your site.

4. Bill B says:

I REALLY MISS THOSE TWO. I ALWAYS SMILE WHENEVER I SEE THEM.

5. Uncle Dick says:

Happy Valentine’s Day Maureen. Last saturday I prepared eight pounds of beautiful shotribs and forllowed your recipe fairly closely. I started them ealy morning in a large electric oven an used a full container of College Inn Beef Broth and a full bottle of Merlot wine along with the onions, carrots, bay leaf, etc. They cooked all day untll our supper with guests at 8:00 p.m. They looked just like your picture and tasted fantastic! Mashed potatoes, green beans and Lebenese salad on the side. Red wine. And then——chocalate pie with graham cracker crust cooked from scratch and fresh strawberry shortcake using hot bisquick bisquits for desert. YUM, YUM, Yum! Love You, Uncle Dick

6. Edra says:

Happy Valentine’s Day, Maureen. I wish you the most happiness today and every other. Bless you and all you do for us.

7. Anne Cashill says:

Dear Maureen,
    I am going to try your short ribs this weekend. Vido’s favorite meal. Happy happy Valentine’s Day.
    XX. Anne

Have a great Valentine’s day.

9. Peggy Fox says:

Thank you, what a great way to start Valentine’s Day!

10. Love and happy valentine’s day to you, dear Maureen. Your photo is peacefully beautiful.

11. Jeanne Barr says:

Maureen

You started my day off right with the lovely quote and photo.
    My heart is conscious of you, also, and I wish you a loving day.

Warm hugs, Jeanne

12. Jane says:

Beautiful photo! Makes me smile! Happy Valentine’s Day!