Happy New Year, and something extra special

There are years that ask questions, and years that answer. ~Zora Neale Hurston

(First: thank you all so very much for the many gifts you shared here in 2013. Your presence and comments are a treasure! Also: here in front of the Christmas tree on Main Street last night, the extraordinary man of my heart proposed. And I said, without a doubt!, yes.)

This entry was posted in Picture Postcards. Bookmark the permalink.

80 Responses to Happy New Year, and something extra special

1. OMG!!!!!!!!! Sooooo a Happy New Year it is!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you. And my dear cousin….he is getting an EXTRAORDINARY girl.
    Congrats…I will be staying tuned for Chapter 2..when and where!

2. Anne Cashill says:

Congratulations Maureen! We are so excited about your news. A wonderful way to start the new year!

3. Terri Brantley says:

The best of everything to you and Dan.

4. sameen says:

That’s great news
    Congratulations to both of you

5. Marci Duryea says:

Oh Maureen! A million blessings on you both, and may this new year bring you nothing but good things!

6. SuzyM says:

Congratulations on your engagement and to many Happy Healthy New Years to come! It’s nice read such great news on the first day of a new year. Let’s all spread more JOY and HAPPINESS like this in 2014!

7. Ellen McCabe says:

Congratulations to both of you. That’s lovely news to ring in the new year with! Much love and happiness to you both.

8. Michael Ganz says:

Congratulations Maureen! All the Best to both of you!

9. Diane Nassir (my maternal grandmother was an Abood (Jamileh) from Ammun Leb. says:

Oh Dear Maureen, Many many years of blessings, health, and happiness to you and your Beloved!!!! Wishing you abundant joy and love–the same you radiate to us thru your sheer love of life and express so beautifully from your heart with your words and sentiments and pictures. A Happy Happy 2014 and God Bless You! xoxoxox

10. Sarah Nama Koenig says:

Extra special indeed! Congratulations Cousin! Best wishes!

11. Tootsie says:

I told you this would be your year!!!! I feel like I gained a daughter in law…..I could not be more thrilled. Love you Both Happy Happy New Year to you and your family Pls Big Hug to Dan!

12. Well cousin not only a Blessed New Year to you, but also congratulations to you both.

13. Pat says:

I know you only through your blog, but, couldn’t be happier for you! How about sharing a picture of the happy couple?

14. Jody Namey Atty says:

Sooo very happy for you, Maureen!!!! Wishing you a lifetime of blessings…much love, “cousin” Jody

15. Selene Schulz says:

Congratulations and best wishes! December 31st, 2013 was a huge night for a lot of families (and I do feel we are family on here). First, your engagement. Then, my cousin, Jane Sinsel got married. Last and certainly not least, our granddaughter and her husband gave birth to a daughter, Ava Nicole. We are feeling blessed. What a way to end 2013. Blessing to all in 2014!

16. Congratulations Maureen !!

17. Laura Pryor says:

Congratulations! What an incredible New Years Eve!

18. Wendy says:

from Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières:

Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides … Love itself is what is left over when being “in love” has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

May God Almighty bless and keep your union in His great love and grace, Maureen. You are such a special person – “the extraordinary man of your heart” is wise indeed to realize that!

19. Pat Abood says:

Your happy news has added a very special touch to our New Year’s blessings, Maureen!
    All my love and very best wishes for your happiness always, to both you and Dan.
    Aunt Pat

20. Jim Albert says:

What special news!! ‘Two wonderful people! Congrats to both of you.

21. Anne Saker says:

Hooray and best wishes to you, darling cousin.

22. Congratulations! What a spectacular way to ring in the new year.

23. Congrats and my best wishes for 2014 and your upcoming life as a couple!

24. Tom Wright says:

Congrats Maureen, Dan is a very lucky man.

25. virginia biggar says:

Congratulations from the Menzis!!

26. Marlene Abood Hatton says:

Congratulations and best wishes!!

27. Jeanne says:

Best Wishes Maureen. I am so happy for you!

28. Barbara Davidge says:

Congratulations!

29. Roger Toomey says:

I guess he takes the old saying seriously, “Kissin’ may not last, but cookin’ do.” Seriously, all the best to you.

30. Aunt Peggy says:

Maureen darling, what lovely news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hugs and kisses to you and Dan. Hope to see you both in Naples.

31. Richard Abood says:

Well Sweetheart, I’m not surprised but am very pleased and happy for you and Dan. You are two very fine people who make a very beautiful couple. May God bless you both and provide your marriage with many years of good health and happiness. All my love, Uncle Dick

32. Jenny Brower says:

Congratulations Maureen!!!

Wonderful list of well wishers above, sorry I am late.
    Have followed your blogs for a while now, this is great news!
    I wish you both every happiness.

34. Bill B. says:

A very good year, indeed!!! Congratulations.

35. Cheryl says:

Oh, sweet, Maureen. My heart is full. Wishing you much joy together and a beautiful new year. Congratulations, friend! He’s got himself a CATCH! xo

36. Curtiss Norman says:

Congratulations, Maureen! I wish we could have shared some Arak after your news! Happy New Year :)

Curtiss, you are so dear–thank you so very much! We loved our Arak visit with you and we’ll do it again soon. Cheers, over ice!

37. Denise Khoury Zeidan says:

Maureen, what exciting news. Congratulations all the way from Sydney, Australia, and may the new year be full of much happiness and joy for you.
    I love your blog, and many thanks for sharing.

38. paul zeidan says:

As the lebanese say “alf mabrook” (1000 best wishes). wonderful way to celebrate christmas and usher in a new year. may 2014 bring many blessings

39. jamila says:

Mabrouk Maureen and Dan! 2014 starts well with this proposal.

40. Anne Marie Lasher says:

Congratulations Maureen – very happy for the two of you!

41. Linda Ireland says:

Maureen – best wishes for a long and happy life together.
    I’m so happy you found an extraordinary man to share your life with!

42. Nicole Mahshie says:

I’m so glad to have found your blog! My husband’s heritage is Lebanese/Palestinian and I feel so fortunate to have married into his family and culture. I have loved learning Arabic and eating all the wonderful food his family makes. Now I want to start making it myself for my husband and our children. Keep the good posts coming!

43. paula says:

Such a beautiful quote!
    I’m so happy for you Maureen, believe me.
    He’s a lucky man.
    Some months ago, I made a comment about your new and beautiful profile photo.Maybe you don’t remember, but if you check it I referred how beautiful you looked and I said that must be love.Believe me I felt that…

From a distant place a close and warm hug to you wishing you both all the best (is yet to come)

Paula

44. Mary M-S says:

Late to the party, but Congratulations Maureen and Dan! What an exquisite way to start the new year. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together!!