This week I’m diving deep on some work that’s been needing special attention. I’m glad to plunge, but then that means it’s quiet in my kitchen. There are lots of simple, little meals though: Lebanese eggs with asparagus, soft-scrambled; snack; and a quick pasta (sauté zucchini and mushrooms with garlic, add some cream, then the cooked pasta and cook down the cream a bit with all of it. Shower with a squeeze of lemon and a fist of grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and you’re eating nicely).
OK, maybe a slice of pizza as well, with green olives (my favorite). I can’t say the box of See’s chocolates my sister sent my mom for Mother’s Day isn’t getting its fair share of special attention too….
While I’m down deep over here, I’m thinking of you, as I do every single week and in between. I thought I’d leave you with a few links to what’s been interesting me lately, for your perusal. As always, thank you ALL for the community you create with me here at Rose Water & Orange Blossoms! You are remarkable and special, and I appreciate your every click and comment so very much.
Soon we’ll be back in the kitchen together, doing what we do best! ‘Til then:
- Do you long to eat your way through Lebanon? This tour just might be the ticket.
- Even the smallest child knows yogurt, our laban, makes you smile.
- Long live Michigan apples! They won’t be kept down this year, no sir.
- This cookbook, The New Persian Kitchen by Louisa Shafia, is filled with the flavors of the Middle East. Beautifully written and designed, a great addition to your collection.
- Someday, I hope to go here.
- The Great Gatsby. So well done, a story I’ve always loved, with plenty of eye candy to boot (such clothes, houses, jewelry…excess excess!).
- I’m happy to see the story I wrote about my first visit to Lebanon, and Lebanese grape leaf rolls, featured on The Huffington Post at HuffPostTaste this week. You can read it here. Your comments and shares are encouraged and much appreciated!
- Many of you are subscribers to Rose Water & Orange Blossoms, a total delight for me and hopefully for you too! For those of you who are not, look to the right, just under my head shot photo, for the sign-up field. Subscribe to receive recipes, photos and stories from me in your inbox every week.
- Are you on Pinterest? Wow, that place is a sensory delight (and, some say, overload…). Plus it’s so helpful for keeping all of the interesting links you find online organized for easy access. Follow my boards, and I promise to keep curating all kinds of good stuff, from recipes and kitchen designs to clothes, restaurants where I want to eat someday, and interior decorating (a girl can dream, can’t she?).
Have a great week everyone!